Diamond Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Awesome cruise

Sail Date: June 11, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my first cruise and I enjoyed it so much I am already planning to do another one. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a balcony room and that was wonderful!

Pros: The scenery and having a balcony

Cons: Would have liked more family entertainment (Dan Bennett was great)

Recommends Diamond Princess? Yes!

Would have liked more family oriented entertainment options in the evening.
We did not leverage the restaurants well. Had slow service at the buffet at times.
Loved having a balcony and being so close to Buffet.
Our steward was very polite and accommodated us.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Lumberjack show must see, Totem Pole park which I was really looking forward to was fairly boring. Some place with more totem poles would have been better.
Don't Miss: Lumberjack Show
Juneau, Alaska
It rained the whole day and our helicopter dog sledding was cancelled. I wish I had known how likely it was to rain. I would have scheduled helicopter dog sledding in Skagway instead.
Skagway, Alaska
My favorite port. Beautiful town and we had wonderful weather. We did the train ride which we enjoyed and also did Dog Sledding (on a dirt road) which the kids loved.
Don't Miss: Train and Dog Sledding