Diamond Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

The cruise was very good

Sail Date: May 15, 2010

It was a shame about hygiene because of infection on previous ship, understood, but need a quicker way to get through food line ups and getting coffee, usually arrived late and cold.

Smokers should be contained and especially in Casino, there was a smokeless night (1 only) but smoking was in evidence.

The staff were extremely helpful.

Pros: shows, room

Cons: Not having exercise classes later in the day or afternoon.

Recommends Diamond Princess? Yes!

Don't understand why several restaurants, but all the same menu. I chose this size of ship because I wanted a variety.
Bed a little hard, but asked to eggcrate and happily there was two available.
Spoke to vegetarians who had very little to eat.
Expected a different show every night, but they went on for two nights.
Skagway, Alaska
Thai restaurant was excellent. Garden was good.
Juneau, Alaska
Nothing to interest me.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Nothing of interest to me.