The Cruise From Hell!!!

Diamond Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 18, 2006
Ship: Diamond Princess
My wife got food poisoning the first day out on our 25th Anniversary cruise. The room service food was low end Holiday Inn at best and the buffet line wasn't any better. Our cabin attendant called my wife by the wrong name for the entire 7 days and never did figure it out. We had dinner in the Steakhouse on our 25th and I noticed an anniversary cake sitting on a table close to ours. I asked the waiter if he knew it was our anniversary and he exclaimed of course, we know everything about you we are like the FBI and CIA. Five minutes later 3 waiters showed up at our table with a cake that read HAPPY BIRTHDAY complete with a lit candle singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me. I put my hands up and said it is our 25th anniversary, not my freaking birthday. I would not tell anyone I know to go on a princess cruise, in fact I would tell them not to.

I found out that even if you book early and confirm your dining preference they overbook and give you the time that is open.

We had a stateroom with a balcony, but should have booked a mini suite to get a couch.

Pros: Getting off the boat.

Cons: The food.

Recommends Diamond Princess? No.