Crystal Symphony Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Just a Couple of Things would make it Perfect!

Sail Date: September 25, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

This is the second Crystal Cruise and we have booked our third for next year. The entertainment and the travelers seem to be, on average, well pst 60 years old.  they are delightful, yet quite senior.  As a result, most of the entertainment is geared towards  a traveler who prefers ballroom dancing, Reviews, Magicians and Acrobats.  The one shining light was the Avenue Saloon singer Neal Fullerton.  Thank good ness for him.  He tried to bring us into the 60s (smile). The food is great: the quality and presentation are 5 Star.  Th various food venues are lovely with great choices there as well.  The excursions are varied and the guides are top shelf.  I think it might be difficult to cruise with anyone else after these terrific back-to-back trips.  Our first was to the Baltics last year.  Just fantastic.

It was right across from our last cabin. I would suggest that they go back to the Aveda products. The Etro products have a musk smell that is not very feminine and the products don't last as long as Aveda. Veda is a clean product.
This is always done with great attention to detail.
Very clean and well maintained.
Our excursions were terrific with great guides and the Crystal Care that I had come to expect. With the exception of the Florence all day excursion, I thought the value for each was appropriate.
the lectures are good. It would be nice to have something a little "younger" than art classes where travel bags are painted, and golf lessons. th fitness area has a couple of good things to do, but overall most things are geared towards an older clientele.
No knowledge
Really geared towards a client in the 70s. I wish they could do something to target those of us who do prefer contemporary music. I also recommend that they not salt the popcorn for the movie. it was ridiculous and given the clientele totally not appropriate. they should leave it plain and provide salt at the station, if wanted. It was so salted that is was almost inedible and it stays there. that's a waste of time and money.
I think that the Matre D', Olena and Igor M, in the main dining area were the highlight of our service staff. They had a great sense of humor and provided very personalized service. the sommelier was great too. His recommendations were outstanding.
As fine as any 4-5 Star restaurant with incredible choices, presentation and quality.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Be prepared for crowds, and lots of them, if you do a before or after stay in Rome. The choice of the St. Regis hotel was great. The service and staff, which is excellent, prepare you mentally for the great experience you will have on Crystal.
Piombino, Italy
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Cassis, France
Many small shops take only Euros not CCs.
Barcelona, Spain
Tarragona, Spain
Valencia, Spain
My favorite place. It had all of the great choices and opportunities as Barcelona with a lot less people. I could see myself going back time and time again.
Propriano, Corsica, France
We didn't take an excursion on the pst day and I am so glad we didn't This is a quaint and lovely place where you can walk and explore. they are very tourist friendly, but the smaller shops (where i got some really terrific things, often do not take CCS.

1 Comment