Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean

Go for an upgrade to mini suite

Sail Date: September 12, 2006

Room Type: Suite

This ship is worth upgrading to a mini suite if possible. The rates are excellent. The food and service is to die for. We received a pleasent surprise of a spacious area divided into sitting and sleeping areas with 2 TV sets. Room service was speedy and exeptional
in service and quality. Just ask for it and you got it. Sleeping was heaven sent. Duvet down comforters and huge down pillows. No backache till I got home into my own bed.
Balconies are spacious and actually have a table, chairs and a stool included for dining or drinks. The ultimate private experience in sunning and dining.
The crew is respectful and friendly. They actually remember your name and always say "hello How is your day?"
The ship was magnificant. Better than royal. If you like elaborate settings with comfort than this ship is for you. First class all the way.

Pros: The food

Cons: Shopping

No one goes above and beyond. I do have to say that the director of future cruises did.
He was helpful and went out of his way to make sure all my questions were answered.
Princess has a strict no socializing policy. It was obvious to me right away. I'm in communications and I couln't help but see some anxiety with crew when I spoke over 5 minutes. They got very uncomfortable. I think they are told not to get too involved in friendly conversation with the cruisers
The elevator did break down once and it took ahwile to fix it. The ship is beautiful and totally clean. They are strict on smoking which I like but my son was not too happy about.
Only a few places are allowed. We found out that you can smoke in the room at the end of the cruise if you first ask for an ashtray. It is not encouraged. My son smoked on the balcony and I was really happy about that. Public bathrooms were everywhere.CLEAN!!!!
Superb cleanliness existed throughout all facilities on the ship.
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!
I booked another cruise on ship because of the quality and variety of the food.
They never run out as was my experience on last cruises. Shrimp all the time,
Crab all the time , anytime dining is perfect for me.Quality is to die for. Plentiy od veggies and fruits to choose from at anytime dining. I didn't hestitate to go up twice . FORGET THE DIET. I lost weight because I was so active. DANCE!!!!
We booked a mini suite in the middle of the ship. The middle is the best location and believe it that the lower decks are more stable. We had no problem. I can't go back to a regular balcony again after this experience. I felt like royalty and the price is just a slight bit higher if you book early. I did just that on the same ship for next year.
Don't miss the first night or the second. If you like broadway then you will like Princess entertainment.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Take the tour...There is very little time to really shop and the prices are high. We stopped in an outside bar and 3 beers cost $23.00. Bud light???????? No one honored the free stuff and we were lucky to find a great store near the harley davidson store. We docked on Sunday and islanders were rude because they stayed open only for Princess and closed at 1pm. Do your shopping in Jamaica. Follow the princess guidelines. We got a great deal on watches 2 for 1.....
Don't Miss: Expensive and short, many stores were closed because it was sunday. It was a waste but a very beautiful Island. Go to the beach
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Shop till you drop.. The bargains were great. Don't buy the coupon book for $20.00 on the ship. The stores give the gifts out for free anyway. They will always give a deal. Sorry but freebies were too hard to get and caused embarrassment. Not worth it. You run around looking for certain stores and loose precious time for nothing. You leave agravated because no one honors you coupons. Don't by into it. Report it to Freddie I complained because stores ran out or didn't honor the book. They basically gave deals to everyone and if you waited the freebies were gone. Why buy the book? I got my money back and a free bottle of rum. Thanks Freddie. It's best to report this behavior to the shopping director and also visit stores protected by the ship. I made that mistake in Grand Turk hense I was out $36.00 and no ciggaretts
Don't Miss: the falls of course....We wanted to shop and it's walking distance from the ship
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Grand Turk Island
Gorgeous Island to visit but watch out for locals. I was robbed 2 times. They will take your $20.00 bill and say that you received your change. YOU DIDN"T!!!!. Also I opened my package to find it empty. I did get the police and they admitted she was a problem. I heard others from the ship had a similar experience. I bought 2 packages of cigaretts in the main store at the dock. I also purchased a llydro. They want to hold it for you so you can go to the beautiful beaches. DON"T LET THEM. The boat leaves early. They tell you when you go to pick it up that it's on the boat.IT"S NOT.....There's nothing you can do once you leave. Take items with you. The deals are good . Shop but don't trust natives on this island. Walking disatance beaches are available. IT's worth the time and effort. Don't shop Wait until Jamaica.
Don't Miss: The beaches