Costa Victoria Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Never Take a Costa Cruise

Sail Date: July 30, 2007

I took the Costa Victoria. The Service was horrible. The waiters and bartenders were rude. there was not a wide range of interesting excursions and they were way over priced. They did not give us enough time on any of the islands (about 4 hrs each) except for on the least interesting (about 7 hours in Izmir Turkey where if you dont do an excursion there is nothing to do or see).The information desk was never helpful and rude as well. they did not inspect the room before they let people on the ship. my room had a broken safe, a broken drawer, the sink was leaking, the door to my bathroom was broken and when they finally fixed it so it would lock, i ended up being locked in my bathroom until the actual door ended up falling off. When i thought things couldnt get worse i realized i had bed bug bites all over my left arm and leg...this was the worst cruise ever and they gave us the room from Hell. at the end of the cruise i wrote a 4 page letter of complaint and at the end i left them my e-mail address to see if they had something to say about there terrible way of running a business. This was over a week ago and they have not yet contacted me. (They probably wont because they are to cowardly to confess to there lousy service).

Pros: Nothing

Cons: The Service

Recommends Costa Victoria? No.

Patmos, Greece
Nice too, but once againe not alot of time. they drove us to the center of the city where you could site see alittle, shop and eat. Shppers be warned you will not get a good deal in Greese, EVERYTHING is over priced.
Catania, Sicily
we were suposed to arive at 12pm, instead we got there at 5:30pm. All there is to do is shop unless you pay big bucks for an excursion.
Don't Miss: If you realy want to see Catania or anywhere in Sicaly, book a trip there and stay for a few days to a few weeks, dont do it on a cruise.
Catania, Sicily
Mykonos, Greece
it was nice but we got there at 7 am and we had to be back on the ship at around 2 or 3pm. not much to do unless you just want to lie on the beach.
Don't Miss: i guess i wouls have to go with the beach
Santorini, Greece
Beautiful place. I took a donkey ride up the hill. It was Interesting to say the least. Lots of shops, thats about it. Verry Verry litle time on the island If you didnt book an excursion. Shops are extreamly overpriced.
Don't Miss: Book a trip to greese, you cant even have a taste of what greese is like by visiting for a few hours.
Patmos, Greece
Izmir, Turkey
this was the place that we had the most time to spend in (about 8 hours). It was the least intersting place by far. Thank goodness i took an excusion for this one. I took the Ephacis one and it was amazing. But Izmir was boring. lots of shops but they didnt sell anything nice i also coulnt find anything in silk (isnt turkey famouse for their silk? what the...?) . Hardly anyone spoke english and most shops didnt take euros, you had to change your money to tukish liras.
Don't Miss: Ephasis