Costa Serena Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Costa Serena best of the best

Sail Date: April 20, 2014

Room Type: Suite

Lets start with some background.

This was my 7th cruise with Costa and the second on the Serena.

The embarkation in Savona went fast and swiftly. I had booked a suite, so i got priority boarding. When you arnt a costaclub member or suite passenger, you might have to wait 1 to 2 hours before boarding if you are not there early.

I loved the suite, it had everything from a Jaccuzi to a coffe making machine and a big balcony.

I enjoyed dinner a lot. you get to taste different Italian food. And yes you dont get steak and lobster because its an Italian ship. There also is no buffet for dinner only a pizza restaurant. Or if you pay the extra of 25 euros per person there is the club restaurant, wich in my opinion is definitly worth it.

There is a daily show in the three story theater, and in the bars anfd lounges there is live music.

I also recommend taking the all inclusive package. Even for non alcohol drinkers there is a lot of money to be saved.

Already looking forward to the next cruise onboard the Costa Diadema.

Children's Programs not used
Savona (Genoa), Italy
Not much to do.
La Spezia, Italy
Florence and Pisa
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Naples, Italy
Barcelona, Spain
Take a nice stroll to the center and beachfront. Do not overspend on excusrions
Marseille (Provence), France