My Mediterranean Cruise

Costa Serena Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

7 Night Ancient Treasures (Venice Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 05, 2009
The ship was very decorative. The staff was helpful when we had a problem. However, because it was an Italian ship, the language was geared to them and even though English was spoken, there were many misunderstandings because of language. The "before trip" information was totally lacking. Many problems would have been avoided if we had more pre-sailing info. Costa was not quick to answer questions because we did not book directly through them.

Meals were frequently cold. No comparison to Norwegian or Royal Caribbean.

In typical Italian style - nothing was ever on time.

We had numerous problems and the staff went above and beyond to help us solve them. However, "before-hand" info wouldn't have meant that we did not have these problems.

Quire ornate. All the bars wee in one area. They actually ran together. There was also a lack of restrooms in public areas.

We were lucky to get a "handicap" room and it was quite spacious, comfortable and well-kept. No amenities other than body wash on the wall and one small bar of soap.
Although I wasn't looking forward to this port, I did find it extremely interesting and worth the trip.
Don't Miss: Olympic site
Incredible!!! Justin's Cistern will stay in my memory bank.
Don't Miss: Justin's Cistern, Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar
I only got the glimpse the main street (looking for a bank) due to my husband not being able to do a walking tour. We went to the beach and enjoyed it immensely.
Don't Miss: the old town
Awesome! This was a very impressive stop and well worth the trip.
Don't Miss: Ephesus
Don't Miss: the old town
Not much to choose from in shore excursions.
Don't Miss: St. Nicholas Church
Incredible!!! Justin's Cistern will stay in my memory bank.
Don't Miss: Justin's Cistern, Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar
Not much to choose from in shore excursions.
Don't Miss: St. Nicholas Church
Don't Miss: Olympic site
Awesome! This was a very impressive stop and well worth the trip.
Don't Miss: Ephesus

Pros: the itinerary

Cons: minor things, but too many to list

Recommends Costa Serena? No.