Not likely on Costa again

Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 09, 2008
My 19th cruise on 7 different lines, first on Costa. Well below average on service, shows, food selection and quality. If price and itinerary are equal, pick Carnival, RCL, HAL, Disney. There was nothiing special about Costa. Our waiter never told us his name, or asked us for ours. I was told by the purser that I couldn't adjust the gratuities!! I could give more, but the standard tips were not negotiable. I made it clear they were voluntary, and finally they allowed me to change the amounts. Overall much lower than our other cruises.
Take the ferry to Playa for a change. You can also get to Tulum for 2.50/pers.
Paid 65 for our own cab and "tour guide" that drove probably 80 miles around the island. We stopped at many places, he answered many questions. We had him for almost 4 hours.
Don't Miss: beach and seeing the local island life
Don't Miss: beach and seeing the local island life

Don't Miss: beach

Don't Miss: beach
Take the ferry to Playa for a change. You can also get to Tulum for 2.50/pers.

Pros: Ports, condition of ship, embarkation, debarkation

Cons: crew, service, shows, food

Recommends Costa Mediterranea? No.