Costa Mediterranea Western Carrib

Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 01, 2007
Ship: Costa Mediterranea
From boarding to departure the staff was terrific. Ship was clean, service was terrific in the dining room, bars, casino, and the room steward was superb. Everyone tried to be helpful and make you feel at home. Food was excellent in quality, quantity and presentation. Special requests were gladly satisfied. I did not use the excursions since this was my second trip to these islands. Great idea to have an adult only pool at the back of the ship. Plenty of bars on board. Specialty selections could have been more available. Wine list was moderate, but not like Celebrity or Norwegian. There was no coffee or expresso bar. I was surprised. Art auction was fair to midland although the director and assistants were pleasant. Not as knowledgable as I would have liked.

The entertainment was not up to par. The talent show the last night was a hoot and plenty of laughter was heard. The onboard shops could have had more selections of jewelry, stones, etc. but I think this was the end of the western carribean season so inventory was low. Casino staff was very friendly making it easier to turn over your money. Multiple buffet serving areas made for an uncrowded feeling. Dining tables near the serving areas were very noisy and not conducive to relaxing dining experience. We were able to get a round table for our party of 8 away from the noise and it made a big difference.

Overall, we had a very relaxing and pleasant experience. I would definitely recommend Costa again.
Take the trolley, go to Sloppy Joes, and Hog Breath Saloon
Great beaches and shopping
Take the trolley, go to Sloppy Joes, and Hog Breath Saloon
Great beaches and shopping
Build up the port area with shops and bars
Build up the port area with shops and bars

Pros: Service, Cleanliness, Attentiveness

Cons: Entertainment

Recommends Costa Mediterranea? Yes!