Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Horrible cruise!!

Sail Date: March 22, 2008

It sure looked as nice as our other 6 cruise ships but it all went downhill from there!!

Pros: The only good thing was our cabin steward

Cons: Food and entertainment

Recommends Costa Mediterranea? No.

The food was horrible and the menu selections boring. We seriously had a choice of ham, turkey or pot roast one night. The veal and lamb were like leather The steaks were all prime rib just cut differently and I've never been served 1/2 of a crab leg before as an entree!!
The ONLY thing great about the cruise was our cabin steward!!
We have never been told "NO" so much - or "I can't do that" - or come back later, not to mention "we're out of that". I'm talking about normal things like diet pop, daquiri mix and registering for events.
If we heard "O Sole Mio" one more time I would have jumped ship! We were excited when we saw so many pianos for some fun "piano man" kind of entertainment but IF we ever saw somebody sitting at the piano they were putting people to sleep! Most of the time the pianos were empty (though we could see the intended musician sitting in a corner drinking and chainsmoking)
Spent the day on a wonderful beach with excellent bar service and food!!
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
It was raining that day so it may have made it more miserable but I think it would have been a miserable, depressing experience anyway.
Key West, Florida
We had a wonderful meal (off the ship), did some shopping and enjoyed some talented entertainment!!
Don't Miss: Kevin's Irish Bar