Good music, nice ambiance

Costa Fortuna Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 04, 2009
Ship: Costa Fortuna
For me, the ship was too big. It was well run, though the food was often cold, and the maitre d' was almost conspicuous by his absence - did not introduce himself to the table, and did not pick up on the lack of input from the assistant waiter

One of cruise staff - Giuseppe - is outstanding. We had seen him last year on the Costa Mediterranea. He is hugely enthusiastic and completely professional.

I was not happy that my seaview cabin had a very restricted view and was right at the end of the ship - I should probably have picked this up at time of booking.
although a lot needs to be done, I found this quite appealing.

Pros: Clientele of all ages, all nationalities, enthusiastic cruise staff

Cons: Embarkation on Sunday 28 December - unbelievably slow and painful!

Recommends Costa Fortuna? Yes!