Costa Favolosa Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Purser

avoid costa at all cost.

Sail Date: June 13, 2015

Costa favolosa was the worst cruise I have ever been on.  I have been on many cruise lines.  the food quality was only a little better than a high school cafeteria food.  If people like this cruise they have never been on any other cruise.  The entertainment was poor.   The ship had no real food choices but italian and that was very poor. All  other ships have multiple food types and different places to eat.  If the main dining hall was open the buffet was closed along with any other options.  The lines were always very long because they only would have one place offering anything at one time on the ship.   They nickled and dimed you for every thing and the quality was poor.  The spa hot tubs, steam rooms and relaxation rooms were extra.  they had no ice cream unless you paid extra and only at limited time offerings . They had no soda drinks  or even juice with out paying more.   All other ships I have been on at least had juice through out the day or soda during the main meal of the day included.   They had no piano bar jazz club.  no comedy club.   the excursion desk was disorganized.   One of my  excursions was even cancelled and another was set for the wrong language.  The management told the room staff not to waist towels making towel animals which on all other cruises is a custom.  There was no onboard welcoming party.   The alcoholic drinks were watered down.   If this was my first cruise I wound never do another.

we had a delux balcony but the quality was very basic.

many people bash carnival but carnival 7 or more days cruises are ok. the quality of costa was far below the carnival line even though they are owned by the same person. if you don't like carnival then run from costa it is much worse.