Coral Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Repeatable Experience

Sail Date: October 28, 2015

Room Type: Suite

My second partial transit Panama Canal with Princess and I can do it for a third time.

the experience going through the locks in a Panamax ship is an exhilarating experience such that I do not mind waking at 6:00 am in the moRning to get a good spot on the deck for viewing.

i enjoyed visits at all the Ports of call. Of course I would have like to be given a bit more freedom to explore on my city tour of Cartegena. Next time I will do Hop on Hopp off with Viator as the buses now meet the ship right at the berth. On Cayman I would recommend rent a car and drive the island as it is so tiny. Of course with left hand drive vehicle in a right hand drive country it could be a tad trIcky but  the speed limits are low and drivers are quite orderly.

on board experience was the highlight with excellent variety in the menus and buffets. No depletion towards the end of the trip as I experienced on another cruise line. The staff were very pleasant and at all times courteous and willing to chat and exchange pleasantries

with guests. For cruise ship entertainment it was more than tolerable with a very Caribbean twist to most of the music. I know many persons have kindle and such liked but I still believe The library selection of books could be expanded a bit with a few modern titles/authors with more ethnic diversity.

Suggestions for Princess reduce your carbon footprint by encouraging/arranging bike tours and Segway type tours and two, hire local talent at all stops to welcome passengers as they disembark or bid them farewell at the port with maybe a little cocktail or soft drink.

A great experience worth repeating.

Redmond was an excellent steward. He was courteous and engaging at the same time. He always seemed to be there to assist. I can recall going to my door and swipng my card which did not work before I could even turn to go to the desk to have the situation corrected who could appear. Raymond to swipe and let me in. This took place on two occasions. I am not sure why the mag striping gave problems. Cabin was close to impeccable after his attention.

Great variety of food and great emphasis on seafood. Would appreciate more vegan selections in the alacarte menus.

1 Comment