Coral Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Pampered and loved it.

Sail Date: March 07, 2013

This was our first cruise with Princess and we loved it. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. Every one of them was friendly and had a smile. They actually seemed to enjoy their jobs.
Each morning, when at sea, there was Zumba with Mario. it was a ton of fun and he is an excellent instructor.
I am Gluten Free and from the very first day I was given the royal treatment. I was offered the menu, by an extremely helpful, Marius, for the next day and could choose what I wanted and they would prepare it for me GF. At the buffet for breakfast I was greeted by our friendly head waiter, Carlos, who had numerous GF options and was at the ready to get them for me. The food was really good and our waiter, Reinier, was quick to offer great suggestions.
On the last scheduled stop, Grand Caymen, we could not disembark as it was a tender port and the seas were too rough for a safe transfer. Within a matter of an hour the Cruise Director, Stu, had the day filled with fun things to keep us entertained. Including trivia twice a day.
The shows were very good, the comedians, illusionist, the Coral Princess Dancers and the many venues offering bands, pianists, classical musicians were all first class and if anyone was bored it was their own fault!!
There is so much positive to say I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that
I would highly recommend this cruise and indeed my husband and I are already planning another voyage aboard a Princess ship.
Small, very small shower, wish the sink was outside the bathroom
Friendly, happy, helpful
Tons of stuff for every taste. Library, card room, trivia, Zumba, line dancing, ballroom lessons. You name it, they had it!
Children's Programs N/A
Very good shore excursions. Good tour guides. Unfortunately we couldn't go to Grand Caymen d/t bad weather
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Oranjestad, Aruba
Cartagena, Colombia
We really enjoyed this port. Cartagena is full of history, not all of it good. But it is a fascinating place and we found the people to be friendly and the tour guide excellent. Yes, there were pesty vendors, but no more than any other Caribbean countries we have visited, and a polite, no Gracias, took care of it.
Panama Canal (Cruise Into Canal)
This, of course is the highlight. The Locks are truly amazing
Colon, Panama
Just wandered around here, not too much to see in the short time we had.
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
We have been to Costa Rica before so we just got off and wandered. There was a very good market with nice quality handmade items for sale. We also meandered around the town. It was interesting as it was where all the locals shop.
George Town, Grand Cayman Unfortunately we could not visit here d/t rough seas.

I would definitely get the mocktail package. It was well worth the $80.00. If you are a coffee drinker then get the coffee card $30.00 for 15 specialty coffees. This is especially nice for the International Cafe.
The shows are only 30 minutes in length allowing everyone an opportunity to see them. They have the latest movies which you can watch outside, or in. If you go to the 10.00 PM show under the stars you will get a blanket and popcorn. Great fun.