Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Second Mate

Very Nice Cruise on Celebrity Summit

Sail Date: July 31, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my third Celebrity cruise. I traveled with my wife and three children.. We stayed in a FV Family Verandah cabin on deck 8 and it worked well with a HUGE balcony.  See a video tour here: https://youtu.be/u_dlwNpPl5A

My children, 10 year old twins and a 6 year old, LOVED the Fun Factory kid's club. We wondered if they would like before we sailed as there are  now watersides, etc.  We have sailed Breakaway twice and enjoyed that. Our kids all said they would prefer Celebrity over Breakaway they enjoyed the kid's club that much. We found the counselors very engaging and really enjoyed being with the kids.

Service in the dining room was excellent. Our waiter Chester and his assistant Owen were tops.  Food was very good. On occasion I was not as hungry and did not finish my meal  the staff asked if they could get me anything else even after I told them I was just full and the food was fine.

Our cabin was kept clean but the stewardess was less than stellar with her attitude, very un-Celebrity like and one of the few negatives on the week.

Qsine was excellent and might have tried it a second time as there were many dishes we were too full to try.

We had Select seating and most times we had little to no wait. We tended to eat towards the beginning of dinner service.

Bermuda was amazing again. We have been there many times and it was nice that Summit stays an extra hour versus the Breakaway.

Cruise Photos

Great cabin for families with a HUGE balcony. Video tour on YouTube: https://youtu.be/u_dlwNpPl5A

Ship is in good shape and staff always seemed to be cleaning or staining, etc.
Best. My children thought it was better than Norwegian.
Overall we got good service. Some staff were reserved which is part of Celebrity but some were just cold.
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Not a bad terminal but very industrial area. Used to sailing out of the pier on the West Side in NYC.
King's Wharf, Bermuda