Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Warm and beautiful

Sail Date: May 08, 2016

With a cool Spring, it was a bit below my beach temperature tolerance, but I found Bermuda to be beautiful. Did plenty of sightseeing around the island, including historic St. Georges.

The Summit is a smaller ship, which I happen to prefer over the mega-ships. The crew on this voyage seemed to be one of the happiest/friendliest I've ever encountered. We sailed in Aqua Class, with dining in the wonderful Blu restaurant. Food and service were outstanding. The ship was spotlessly clean. Entertainment was a cut above our recent experience with Celebrity's offerings, with good production shows and solid performers.

From boarding to the variety of slushy drinks at the pool to our departure, I can't find a bad thing to say about this cruise experience.

There's nothing like looking off your balcony at the Royal Navy Yard upon rising the morning. This cabin was relatively quiet, little noise from above.
While the Summit has some age on it, it's a lovely ship. Staff works hard to keep things clean and in working order.
I enjoy the "enrichment" type talks. It might be nice to change up some of the other programs, like Top Chef at Sea, which I've seen several times over the past few cruises. I don't consider shopping events to be great Onboard Activity.
Extremely friendly and helpful staff, all around. The wait staff in Blu was incredible.

The 1-2-3 drink package was a nice add on. In addition to alcohol, it made canned soda, juices and specialty coffee beverages available at no additional cost.