Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: June 09, 2013

All in all it was a good experience. Boarding was very fast and easy. Thanks for the free parking. That was a big plus. The dining areas were very crowded. We had a great room, 9197, with a huge balcony. There was plenty of room for all five of us. There was more than adequate storage for our belongings. Our room steward, Edwin, and his assistant were very friendly and helpful. Edwin brought me hot water and green tea bags every night because I told him I like to drink a lot of green tea.

First off, I was happy with the maitre d' as he changed our seating from late to early. We appreciated that. As in all things because of the economy, Celebrity has cut back too. It was noticeable in the dining room. Portions are smaller and I like that but the quality of the beef has gone down. I think they want you to go to the specialty restaurants but with five of us that is more than we wanted to spend. Instead four of the seven nights we opted to eat in the casual dining area. Wish I would have known that and I would have packed a lot less. Food in the casual dining area was pretty good. Not what it was the last time I sailed Celebrity eight years ago. I didn't care for the burgers and french fries but that was a good thing because I would have had too many.

The entertainment could have been better too. I like comedians and there was only one show on the last night. He was good though. He did participate in different forums throughout the cruise and was always funny but I would have liked more shows. The dancers and singers were excellent. Missed the illusionist but heard he was very good. The entertainment staff was very good.

Biggest plus was the kid's club. Mykohla was excellent with our special needs son. He really made this cruise special for him and we felt very confident that he was in good hands. Therefore we were able to relax which is important for us.

All in all it was a very relaxing and good cruise experience. We came home rested and relaxed.

Cruise Photos

Everyone was very nice.
Although the ship has recently been redone, it still shows its age.
Food was adequate but not great. Somethings were better than others. Service was slow in the main dining room and the food and wait time was not worth it.
Our stateroom was very nice and well kept. Nice size with lots of storage space.
More comedy acts. Shows were good.
Absolutely love Bermuda. Captain Cooky on the Destiny was great and so knowledgeable about everything about Bermuda.

Pack lighter and skip the main dining room. Splurge and go to speciality dining once or twice, not that we did, but we heard it was excellent. Book a tour on the Destiny.