Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

First time on Celebrity

Sail Date: June 09, 2013

Some things on this cruise were very good, other things, not so much. The good things first. Food and service in main dining room was excellent. Our stateroom was one of the nicest we've ever had, and attendant did an excellent job keep it clean. Most the nightly entertainment was very good. Now the bad. First day embarking set a bad tone right off the bat. Staff were not friendly and the port was icky. It is an older ship in need of some TLC, lots of things in disrepair. Two of three shower heads in Therapy pool area did not work. Hot tubs were barely lukewarm. Someone must of got sick in Therapy pool on day 4 or 5, and it was never cleaned out. Most of ship seemed understaffed and most staff not very friendly. They seemed stressed and overworked. Because of that, Lido deck buffet was terrible. You had to wait for someone to dish up your food, cafeteria style, instead of getting your own. Stations so far apart, food got cold, before you could eat it. Portions way too much or way too little. You'd wait in long line for ice cream and they would give you a tiny bit. And most of the time the soft serve machine was out of order. And coffee urns were forever empty. Entertainment was great except for their "star Broadway performance". I was so excited before the cruise, thinking we would see a boardway "play". We got a has-been woman, singing all by herself with a piano. Not impressed! My biggest complaint was, I have a condition that I take acupuncture for. The first time I discovered how much it helps, was on a Carnival cruise. I was in such pain and thought I'd try it. It worked like a miracle. I found someone at home and continued it. I paid a huge amount of money on this cruise to get acupuncture and was no help at all. He did something stupid with suction cups and used very few needles. I should of demanded my money back, but didn't. I regret that. All in all, I do not think we will book on Celebrity line again.
needs some TLC
diningroom good, buffet just ok
like the room and attendent very much
some seemed overworked and not very friendly
not much activities, most entertainment very good.
no kids for us
did see much going on, evening pool party was boring
loved Bermuda, dispite how expense it is there

Forgot to mention in review, we thought the illusionist was rude and condescending. He was not nice to a middle age man he brought on stage and made comments about a group of middle age women being unattractive. We thought he was so talented, but did not enjoy his show because of his personality.