The good and the bad

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Contributor Level: Third Mate

14 Night Capital Cities (Ft. Lauderdale To Amsterdam)
Sail Date: April 19, 2015

Liked: Silhouette's quiet elegance; majority of co-travelers were a highly educated and well traveled lot; very well trained staff.  Disliked: many hidden costs at all levels; very few interesting activities for 8 solid days at sea.  In spite of these shortcomings, I would recommend it to other travelers.

Brekfast and casual meals, most of which wehad on the oceanview cafe on the 14th floor, were very good, and I paticularly liked that they offer mny healthy alternatives. A tiny spa cuisine cafe on that same floor was delightful and had small, creative light dishes. Our best meal was lunch at the Murano specialty dining room (extra charge). Most of our dinners were had in the Cuvee Dining Room, where

A greater variety of free activities were nrrdrd considering that we had 8 consecutive days at sea. fi

not applicable

Breakfast and casual meals were very goof (we had most of them on the ocean view area on the 14th floor); the little spa cuisine area on that same floor was delightful, and delicious; I found the regular Cuvee is ttle spa cafeo very good and the liy

The ship is characterized by quiet elegance.

Most comfortable batrooom I've had on a ship. Stateroom attendants are well traines and showed pride in their job, which yhey did well.

Although there is a pleasant, fairly well stocked library (I loved that it is filled with with lots of natural light), make sure you bring an extra book or two of your choice for those consecutive 8 days you will spend at sea!

Noy applicable in our case.
We preferred walking on our own.
I was quite pleased with the "Taste of the Pays d'Auges" excursion.
I cannot understand why the visit to this port was so short. This made it impossible to visit Brussels and was even difficult to do some real sightseeing in Bruges.
We stayed an extra three days and, even though we had cold and wind on a couple of days, we were able to take some interesting tours. There's much to see and enjoy in Amsterdam. Besides Amsterdam, we were able to do an all day visit yo Rotterdam, Delft and The Hague, all of which I would recommend. I could have made good use of two more days in Amsterdam.