Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Second Mate

loved it!

Sail Date: June 23, 2014

Loved the ship, staff and experience.  Most of all, I appreciated not being "sold" the entire time we were on board.  We recieved an invitation each night (printed) to a sales event for the next day...that was it!  No loudspeakers inviting us, no huge pitch at the performaces, nothing - nada.  After last years experience on another cruise line, I was really dreading that aspect of the trip.  This was a very laid back, pleasant, relaxing vacation.  The performaces were family friendly (with one exception) and that made it very nice for our family to enjoy those performances as a whole.  The armrest on my mothers wheelchair broke. I asked our stateroom attendent for some tape to hold it till we docked.  His solution...to take the wheelchair and fix it properly with new screws and a velcro wrap.  Most definately exceeded our expectataions.  Attention to this type of detail is never overlooked and always appreciated when we travel.   Will we book a Celebrity cruise again?  Most definately!

clean, spacious, great signage! you always know where you are and how to get where you are going
the food was fine, nothing exceptional but very good. We only ate in the main dining rooms.
enjoyed the variety. One night I felt the "illusionist" went flying into adult humor. Too bad, because he was hilarious without having to go there.
very comfortable and clean. This is a handicapped room...loved the automatic doors!! Made getting in and out of the room so much easier. On our last cruise with Carnival I asked for a door stop and was never given one. These doors were a gift....
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy golf cart tour with a private company
Santorini, Greece beatiful, rode donkeys up...walked down....sore, sore, sore :)
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey Terrace Houses....a must see
Mykonos, Greece total tourist island. rent four wheelers or walk around.
Naples, Italy go to Sorrento if possible. lovely little town, best leather shopping we found.

there is a great little game room hidden away on deck 8.

1 Comment