Fabulous, Fabulous, Fabulous Cruise!

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 27, 2011
Ship: Celebrity Millennium
The ship was beautiful. The accommodations were fantastic. We were upgraded to a balcony room, and it was lovely. Our room stewart was fabulous -- right there whenever we needed anything, and she anticipated our needs the whole time. Guest Relations couldn't have been nicer. We had some snafus with our keys, but they were more than accommodating whenever we had an issue. I have been on many cruises, but it was my cousin's first one, and the bar is set really high now!

I am a traditionalist and like the set dining times. Our waiters were fantastic and the wine hostess was great. The food was superb. There was a brunch during our full day at sea that almost put me into a food coma!

Really great -- even losing at Bingo was fun. The comedian, Steve Moris, was too funny and very clean (a welcome change).

I can't say enough about the marvelous staff. They were truly excellent in every way. Not a mean or surly one in the entire bunch. I mentioned the dining room mix-up on our first night -- that was a little offputting, but they handled each instance expertly and we soon were seated and the next night, our table was established with not another hitch.

It was a very nice, mid-sized ship. It was immaculate -- the common areas and bathrooms were wonderfully maintained. Top notch all the way!

As I stated, we were upgraded to a balcony and it was wonderful. The bathroom was bigger than mine at home! The bed wasn't so great because it was too firm. I didn't complain about it though because I know that beds away from home just aren't always comfy, but the linens were soft and inviting. The amenities were very good, too. I used them all. The towels were thick and thirsty -- unlike many other hotels and ships, not hard and scratchy.
Took the trolley tour once we got off the ship. It was "Fantasy Fest" in Key West and it was wild. Walked down Duval Street and was treated to sites I've never seen before. Not for the feint-hearted or morally restricted that's for sure. Key West is fun and I'd love to visit there with more time to spare.

Pros: The Service

Cons: The Initial Dining Room Mix-Up

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!