Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean

A great cruise!

Sail Date: January 02, 2016

We cruised with 2 other couples.  We were greeted on ship with a glass of champagne-a nice touch.  It was lunch time so we went to the buffet for lunch.  We found a table without much trouble and enjoyed a leisurely meal while waiting for the third couple to arrive.  The embarkation was so slow due to a different terminal than normal.  We all got together for a drink and sail away.  There was mix up in table assignments and it was remedied the next night.  Food in the MDR was excellent so there was no need to eat at the specialty restaurants.  Mixed Drinks and wine were more expensive that they were a few months ago.  Pools were wonderful and we were always able to find a place to sit.  Love the solarium.  We did not like the production  shows however, the music was not at all familiar and themes of the shows were very different.  The guest performers were all good.  Love Captain Leo.  He was very visible and friendly.  He is so funny-loved the Liars Club show and his talk on ship navigation as well as his daily announcements from above.  Corning Glass show was amazing!!! Ports were St Thomas, St Maarten, St Kits and Martinique.  Not impressed with Martinique-lots of work needs to be done there.  I found the people to be friendly this is not what I had heard from my reading.  All 6 of us had a really good time and are very pleased with the Equinox and Celebrity.  We all would sail with them again!

We were surprised at the size of our cabin-it was bigger than any other inside cabin we have ever had. Our room attendant was awesome. If he saw us in the hall on the way to our cabin he would open the door for us. He always addressed us by name and asked were my husband was when he saw me without him! Very nice. No towel animals but our room was always kept neat and clean.
Embarkation was a nightmare due to being in a different terminal. Very long wait. Disembarkation was efficient and quick.
Love the ship. Great layout. Very clean. Always a chair or lounge to be found.
Destinations and Excursions Excursion on bus in Martinique was OK, Surprised that driver or tour guide did not assist folks off the bus. No water on bus. Very tight sitting.
Corning glass show was awesome.
Children's Programs NA
None of us was impressed with the staff production shows. Guest entertainers were excellent though. Loved the aerial acts.
The crew was awesome, friendly and attentive. All our requests were met quickly and with a smile. Fernando and Jackson are excellent wait staff in MDR.
Food was excellent, lots of choices. Portion size was perfect in MDR for dinner so you could order and app, salad, entree and dessert. The MDR was very noisy and we could not hear our table mates well at all.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Taxi to Sapphire Beach-lovely time there. Water is perfect for swimming. Nice sandy beach-no rocks!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
America's Cup Sailing Race was thrilling. Loved it. Best shore excursion ever hands down. But you must like sailing.
Fort-De-France, Martinique
I don't think that I would go here again. There needs to be lots of work done to make this an attractive cruise port. Contrary to what I had been told I found the people friendly and accepting of US currency.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Batik factory-if you like batik. So beautiful and worth the taxi ride.

Be sure to read carefully the daily schedule. I missed a few things that I would have liked to attend. Lots to do on sea days if you don't like to sit by the pool and relax.