Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Purser

Our trip

Sail Date: November 20, 2015

Overall-good trip. I like the room arrangement better with the couch by the veranda rather then the bed. The service was excellent. Your method of adding the gratuities always irritates me. Why not just include it in the basic cost, pay your staff better wages and call it what it really is-income for Celebrity. I am really disappointed in your dress code-there is none. Shorts, jeans, t-shirts, etc., should not be allowed after, at the latest, 6:00 p.m. It has gotten tackier over the years. Also children should not be allowed in the bars.

The bed was kind of funky;. You need to replace some mattresses with new and improved and the rounded edges were strange. The pillows were terrible.
Not much to say about the Carribean. Loved the Ft Lewis tour in St. Kits
Enjoyed the caving talks. Could have had more truly educational series in addition to this.
I do not bring children, so the less time I have to spend around other people's children, the better. They should not be allowed to attend shows if they cannot sit down and be quiet. Regent or Crystal would not allow this disruption
Poorest entertainment I have ever experienced on a cruise. The 3 tenors were excellent. The big show was all "hip hoppy" stuff. I think the talent is there but the production talent is not.
Chris, our steward was excellent.
We ate our breakfast and Dinner in the main dining room and our lunch at the Mast grill.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
We came in a day early so we made our arrangements with the hotel to go to the everglades.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Nor very interesting
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Great tour to Ft. Lewis. Also drove by an old sugar plantation. Would like to have stopped. The Batik place was okay.
Bridgetown, Barbados
When it said 4X4, I thought it meant we would be driving something on our own. The truck was crowded and uncomfortable. Did not enjoy 3 hours on the beach.
Roseau, Dominica
We hired a taxi to take us around. It was 4 1/2 hours long. He was an excellent tour guide and it was an excellent tour. Much better than going with a group.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Really liked having our own jeep and the tour guide was good. Did not need to spend 2 1/2 hours on the beach.