First 14 night Transatlantic

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Moderator
Contributor Level: Captain

14 Night Transatlantic Westbound (Rome To Ft. Lauderdale)
Sail Date: November 28, 2011
Ship: Celebrity Equinox

This was my first 14 night Transatlantic Cruise.   I was not sure how I would do with 7 days in a row at sea.  It turned out that I enjoyed the sea days.  The ship had a good floor plan and is easy to get around, beautiful and elegant modern ship.   Cabins are nice with clean lines and lots of storage.   For a ship bathroom it was very nice, good size with lots of drawers for storage.

The ship had a great guest speaker that gave the history of the rise and fall of U-boats during WWII.   The speaker was a WWII British Commander.   The Glass show was interesting to see also.  I did not go to any of the nightly shows.  The music groups that played were good.

The food in the MDR was great,  best cruise ship food I have had.  Buffet food was good.  Rooms service was MDR quality food but was slow.

Good guest speakers

If you get one o the balconies on the angle of the ship, the balconies are triangle shaped and larger then the regular balconies on the ship.

Rome was awesome, we spent a week in Rome before the cruise.
Be sure to have lunch in town, the food and pastry in France are great. Everybody was nice to us and spoke English except for a lady in a tobacko shop
The Gaudi tour was well worth the money.
Lush beautiful island. The Wine and Cheese tour takes you in a trip up the the volcanic lakes first.