Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Transatlantic

First 14 night Transatlantic

Sail Date: November 28, 2011

This was my first 14 night Transatlantic Cruise.   I was not sure how I would do with 7 days in a row at sea.  It turned out that I enjoyed the sea days.  The ship had a good floor plan and is easy to get around, beautiful and elegant modern ship.   Cabins are nice with clean lines and lots of storage.   For a ship bathroom it was very nice, good size with lots of drawers for storage.

The ship had a great guest speaker that gave the history of the rise and fall of U-boats during WWII.   The speaker was a WWII British Commander.   The Glass show was interesting to see also.  I did not go to any of the nightly shows.  The music groups that played were good.

The food in the MDR was great,  best cruise ship food I have had.  Buffet food was good.  Rooms service was MDR quality food but was slow.

Good guest speakers
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Rome was awesome, we spent a week in Rome before the cruise.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Toulon, France
Be sure to have lunch in town, the food and pastry in France are great. Everybody was nice to us and spoke English except for a lady in a tobacko shop
Barcelona, Spain
The Gaudi tour was well worth the money.
Cartagena, Spain
Ponta Delgada, Azores
Lush beautiful island. The Wine and Cheese tour takes you in a trip up the the volcanic lakes first.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

If you get one o the balconies on the angle of the ship, the balconies are triangle shaped and larger then the regular balconies on the ship.

1 Comment