Wonderful ship, great crew and a fantastic and leisurely Atlantic crossing.

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review to Transatlantic

15 Night Broadway & Beaches (Southampton To Miami)
Sail Date: November 01, 2015
Ship: Celebrity Eclipse

This was our third Celebrity Cruise and the second on one of the Solstice Class ships.   These ships are breathtakingly beautiful in the 'common areas'.  Additionally, the main dining room is far better than most other ships we've traveled on.   The staff are excellent; efficient without being over-solicitous.  The cruise itself, it's ports and it's time in each was 'just right'---although it would always be 'even better' for more time in New York City.   And, let me add, I had thought we would be 'berthed' in the Bayonne NJ port for our stay over in NYC.  But, the dockage at Pier 90 was simply perfect for theater going and anything else one wanted to do while in NYC.   Most of all, there are few cities (Venice comes to mind) where the 'sail in' and 'sail out' are as dramatic and beautiful as entering Manhattan via the Hudson river near dusk!

The 'featured entertainment was also excellent.  I must add, however, that the actual Celebrity entertainment was, in my opinion 'lacking'.  With so many cruises using contemporary Broadway or other venues for the emphasis of the four (or so) "Ships Dancer's and Singer's Night's, I found Celebrity's choice of their in-house music and choreography to be definitely lacking.  That fact, plus what I can only consider a 'redesign' of the balcony staterooms (seemingly smaller and less 'storage space') to be the only 'downsides' of what was otherwise an outstanding 16 day vacation.

The 'featured' or hired, professional entertainment was excellent. So too were the ship's 'roaming' entertainers and especially the 'house orchestra'. I did find the four "Big Shows" featuring the ships dancers and singers to be much more amateurish and less dramatic than similar shows on previous Celebrity Cruises or, for that matter, similar shows on other cruise lines.

The ship's "common areas" are beautiful and inviting. The Atrium alone is a masterpiece. I did find the 'redesign' of the Solstice-Class cabins to be 'constraining' in terms of both closet and storage space---the rooms themselves are fine, but for a lengthy cruise with multiple formal nights, just not enough 'space' for clothing.

Decor, bedding and bed comfort were all excellent. Location on the ship was perfect also---near mid-ship and also near all the 'action'.
I was disappointed, as noted above, by the what I can only assume was a redesign from the original Solstice. To me, there was much less 'storage and closet room on the Eclipse than was available on the Solstice when we first sailed her about five years ago. For short trips, this is most likely fine. But, for voyages of over two weeks and more, where there are multiple formal nights etc. the space was simply inadequate.
Great docking location....
Only wish it could be in Hamilton...but, that's just because Hamilton is where I wanted to be...
Clean, modern and very efficient. For local visits or tours, it's great. I 'heard' that it was not quite so great if one was trying to 'get in' a Disney or Universal Studio's experience in Orlando---this was also 'impacted' by the very slow processing of Customs in this port!Q
Surprisingly efficient. One point, try to avoid renting from Hertz at the 2nd street "Ship's Port" location. Vans to the rental agency are slow, crowded and very small---able to seat six or even eight passengers but NOT their luggage. Poorly planned on the part of Hertz.