Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Third Mate

Great first cruise!

Sail Date: April 22, 2015

This happened to be my first cruise so I wasn't sure what to expect.  The service and employees were amazing.  The shows were okay, most of them being just entertaining.  Ancillary activities on the ship were fun and kept passengers busy during the days at sea.  Food aboard the ship was delicious.  They served almost every cuisine except for Spanish/Mexican food.  The destination stops were amazing.  You got just enough time to wet your appetite and I would like to definitely go back to spend extended amounts of time.  On-shore excursions were over priced through the cruise.  We were able to research more economical tour services for our destinations through local businesses.  The drink packages were slightly over priced as well.  We felt like we got our money's worth but we drank more than usual in order to achieve that value.  I would pass on the drink package if I had to do it again.  Finally, the stateroom attendants were incredible.  I would highly recommend this particular cruise and Celebrity Cruise Line but make sure you do your homework first.

Cruise Photos

Very clean throughout.
Food was above average but the service was the best I've ever had.
The room was always clean and had plenty of space for us to stretch out.
Budi, Gordana, and Nyoman at the seated dinners provided amazing service. Oliver and Aajay, the stateroom attendants went above and beyond. Nenad at the Fortunes Casino bar was very friendly and made me forget about all the money I lost at the tables.
I felt like the entertainment didn't live up to the standards and quality that the rest of the ship produced.
There were not too many kids on the ship but the Activities Director included them as much as possible.
There was always something to do. Trivia was very popular so get there early.
Destinations were great but the on-shore excursions through the ship were overpriced. Contact local tour companies to get better rates for the same experience.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Taxis were a rip off, avoid if possible.
Cruise Anzac Cove
We didn't get real close to shore but you could see some areas with binoculars.
Kepez (Troy), Turkey
Taxis were very friendly and affordable but didn't speak much English. Bring pen and paper.
Istanbul, Turkey
If you go to old town, tell the taxi to drop you off at Spice Bazaar. This will keep them from trying to take you to their friend's leather shop instead of your intended destination. You can walk to all the sites from the Spice Bazaar. It should be 20 to 25 TL
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Take the bus to downtown Athens from the port. It will cost 4 euros per person and takes about 30 minutes. They will drop you off near the sites.
Santorini, Greece
After tendering to shore, take a water taxi to Oia. That should avoid long lines for the gondola. You can work your way back to Fira from there via shuttle buses.
Naples, Italy
Make sure to leave plenty of time for Pompeii. It can get very crowded in the day. Make sure to get a Margarita Pizza in Sorrento. It's better there.

If boarding the ship in Rome, pre-book a car to and from the port. Taxis will rip you off. Avoid the elevators the morning of de-embarkation. They are pretty much impossible to catch and you might have to go up just so that you can be on the elevator when it goes down.

1 Comment