Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fun short cruise with great service.

Sail Date: March 12, 2015

Cruise was March 12, 2015 for four nights to the Bahamas and Key West. Nice short cruise for couple in their 40's. Partner is a first time cruiser and I have cruised Norwegian before.   We had a balcony room. The room was exceptionally clean. A little outdated but very clean. They really could do without the large mirrors, those were not that great to have, and outdated. Our room steward was amazing. Best service ever. Had a scare with some luggage that came exceptionally late but the room stewards were constantly checking in and ensuring we were comfortable.

The first stop was the Bahamas which was beautiful. Seen the Atlantis Aquarium.  Bought the excursion of a bus tour on and it was great. They dropped us off at Atlantis. Easy to get a cab back to the boat in time to rest and eat a nice dinner.

Day at Sea was ok, the boat could offer more activities but this ship is mainly for an older crowd who likes to sun bathe etc. I did like the activities a bit more on Norwegian such as the climbing wall and tennis courts etc. Celebrity fails to offer these things at least on this ship.  Also when you are at sea the whole day best to get your chair for sun bathing in the early morning. We found each seat gone and became disappointed we could not sit out there during the high sun hours. So that was the only negative for the Day at Sea.

The second stop of Key west was just as nice as the Bahamas.  Beautiful day for a nice walk down Duval Street. Seen all the shops, Hemingway's house was great as well. Ate a great lunch. Just a wonderful time there as well.

Food on Constellation was plenty. I even gained 5 lbs after this trip so I know it was good and I am a finicky eater! The choices were abundant during breakfast my favorite time of the day to eat. The one thing the ship has to change is the omelette station. Too packed to enjoy. I think if they offered it at a separate place it would be better. The fresh lox was delicious in the AM. Dinner was nice in the dining room, I loved the French cuisine restaurant the best. Service was impeccable at all dining places.

Entertainment could have been better. I also feel Norwegian did a better job with that offering more shows such as a Cirque du Soleil type etc. I think Celebrity needs to bring in some more talent for something like that. Maybe even offer plays or some theater would be nice esp for an older crowd, or even music like jazz.

All in all a great short cruise especially for first time cruisers. I would recommend to anyone.

Large room, Balcony was really nice. Very clean. A little outdated but clean and spacious. Cubby holes everywhere.

Carry on one bag onto the ship esp with essentials because sometimes they get lost or come to your stateroom later due to long inspections.