Best reason to book Celebrity

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 04, 2015
Ship: Celebrity Constellation

In my personal opinion, the best reason to book Celebrity Cruises can be summed up in two words. First word: Jayne. Second word: Curry. Jayne Curry is a phenomenal entertainer with a clear, powerful, pitch perfect alto voice, a warm stage presence and is a true Funny Gurl (read her highly entertaining blog for the reason for the unusual spelling). Ms. Curry can take a lyric and wring as much emotion from it as could Judy Garland. She appears to be a totally grounded, down-to-earth entertainer with enough droll wit and humor to fill an auditorium. And her speaking voice is gorgeous; very resonant, relaxed, sincere. If her agents are not marketing her for voice overs they should send out demo reels immediately. I have just written Celebrity to suggest they make her their spokesperson. Also, Celebrity should provide this treasure with ground transportation (taxis) and not ask her to pay for it out of her own pocket.

We were travelling with a group of seven: my husband and myself, our two grown daughters, one son-in-law and two grandchildren. Every Celebrity crew member could not have been friendlier and more professional. Several even remembered my Granddaughter’s name and would bring her cookies. You could tell each employee had been exquisitely trained.

The rooms were clean and used storage space most efficiently. The food was consistently excellent. The pool is quite small. I’m not sure this particular ship would be best for older teens unless Jayne Curry was performing and then they would just have to grin and bear it if they were travelling with me.

The entertainers in addition to the incredible Jayne were all good but there was one glaring exception: the children’s show on the final night of the cruise was abominable. I’m not referring to the performers. They were on a par with theme park talent. It was the writing that wilted all comprehension. Our group felt that the writers of this disjointed show must have spent three days straight downing martinis in the martini bar. We could hear them claim “we’re so drunk let’s just grab a song here and a song there, throw them all into a story that defies reason, add glittery scenery and no one will notice!” We noticed and are forthwith issuing a plea to Celebrity – rewrite that ghastly show!

Two words: Jayne Curry

Kids Club was fine. Kids show on final night was a disaster.

Every member was so friendly and gracious.

Don't take the Sun Trolley. Absolutely horrible driver
This is such a cool town
Visit one of the parks