Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Cruise, wonderful staff

Sail Date: March 30, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my first cruising experience and I must say I enjoyed it more than I expected I would.  I was a bit worried about several days at sea verses going to shore every day.  I actually liked having a bit of both.  It was very relaxing being at sea.  The staff was great, they were very accommodating and friendly. As an admitted foodie, the food on the ship was rather pedestrian but not unexpected.  Most of the time, the food was a bit overcooked and somewhat bland.  We loved the coffee bar on the 5th floor, great cappuccinos.  I highly recommend buying the drink package for the adults.  Those drinks add up quickly if you are paying as you go.....  Getting on and off the ship was easy, no lines except at the end of our trip. Cuzumel was a bust.  Downtown is one big tourist trap!  Every shop sold some version of tourist junk.  I liked the excursion we took.  We booked through the ship the Fury catamaran sail.  Very nice team of people.  The snorkeling was just ok that day, not their fault, just not enough fish.    Entertainment was good, pools were nice, especially the spa pool.  I wish people wouldn't hog the chairs since most of the time, they end up unoccupied.  Typical experience with most vacation venues though.....All in all a good start and Celebrity changed my mind about the cruise experience.  I would select them again for future trips, perhaps a 6 or 7 day next time to more interesting ports.

The cleaning crew was awesome on this floor
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
I liked our excursion with Fury, great staff, skip the island as it's so touristy
Key West, Florida
walk around, take in the sites, easy to get around.

Take your bags off with you when you depart, much faster than having them take them the night before. Don't pack too much, gym is great, make sure you use the facilitates, classes were just so so not really worth the extra money.