Celebrity First Timers

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

9 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 13, 2014
Ship: Celebrity Constellation

This is our third cruise and we only booked with Celebrity due to the price and dates.  Both of us have cruised with Carnival and NCL before.  We did not know what to expect other than the reviews we read.  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  We felt like we had climbed the ladder to the top of the cruise chain.  We are in our early 40's and most of the passengers were 50+.  I saw less than a half dozen kids the entire cruise.  The ship was spectacular!  Housekeeping cleaned our room twice a day and if we couldn't dig our keys out fast enough, they were kind enough to open the door for us.  There was currency change at the front desk anytime you needed for ports of call.  The food in the dining room was delicious!  We had paid for our gratuities in advance so that we could dine anytime between 6-9 and I was glad that we had done that.  There are a few items on the ship that are a la carte, such as specialty coffee, deserts and wine.  If you keep this in the back of your mind during the cruise, its easier to pass on them if you don't want the extra charges.  There was a martini bar that had happy hour from 4-5 then after 11p where the drinks were half price!  The average alcoholic drink on the ship was $9-$12.  We did buy soda packages for the both of us and it worked out great!  We booked our excursions through the cruise line and thank goodness, because we had bad weather at one port and were cancelled.  The ship automatically refunded our excursion money right then and there.  I have nothing bad to say about Celebrity.  I felt like I was on a floating Ritz Carlton.  Customer service was superb and the ship itself was fabulous!  If you haven't cruised with Celebrity, I say DO IT!  I doubt you will ever cruise with anyone else again.  We wont.

Many delicious choices for all meals. There was always a 'classic' menu incase you didnt like that days menu. I suggest the select seating.

Always something to do! Line dancing on the pool deck, bingo, dance lessons, fitness. Endless options.

Geared towards the 50+ crowd. Violenist, ventrilloquist, broadway musical cover singer. Not many 'vegas style' shows as we thought.

ANYTHING you need there is a person who can help or assist you. My fiance got sick and the front desk connected me with an 'on call' nurse. She was a great help!

Very clean and well kept. Always a seat to sit in -at the pool or the show.

Small but worked perfect for the two of us. Nice flat screen TV with sports, movies and sitcoms from home.

I would suggest paying your gratuities up front to get the 'select dining'. Otherwise you will be seated at 6p or 8p and have to share a table. If you do get the select dining, there will be a short wait for a table between 7-8p. Be sure to make reservations for all formal nights.

Dont miss the rainforest! You can rent a car and get there on your own.
Rainbow beach is not crowded and has a bar/restaurant on site. We booked the 'into to scuba' excursion through the ship and highly reccommend it!
Very expensive port. You can walk to Shell Beach which was very nice. You can look for shells ALL DAY!
We booked the 'Catamaran Sail and Snorkel' excursion and highly reccommend it! Professional boat crew and snorkel guide. We saw a sunken ship and helicopter!