Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Celebrity Doesn't Disapoint

Sail Date: February 17, 2014

Cabin: GTY

From the moment we checked in and got on board till the time we departed on the final day we were relaxed. When we got on the ship we were greeted with champainge or a mimosa. Then we walked around the ship until we got hungry. After lunch we went to our stateroom and were very happy. Everyone on board was so friendly and it just made it that much more enjoyable. I have done many cruises with Royal Carribean and Celebrity before, but this was my first time going Aqua Class. There were some things I liked and things I didn't like about it though. Lets start off with the things I liked. Having a flexible dinner time was great. You didn't have to worry about wether you had the early or late seating. You could go to Blu which is exclusive to Aqua Class whenever you wanted and if they didn't have a table for you then you could go to the bar and grab a drink or some wine and they would come get you when the table was ready. Also they served breakfast at Blu also. It's really nice not having to wit in the buffet lines for breakfast and dinner and being waited on. The food for the most part was very good. There were a few things we didn't like and the variety I think was different then in the other restaraunt. I didn't look at the other menu so i'm not really sure how different they were except the standard menu at Blu had less choices then the other menu. I do know that much from experience. Although I did order french onion soup and they made it for me even though it wasn't on the menue. Also we ordered off the menu alot for breakfast, but they were always accomidating and made it for us. Those are all the things I liked about the Blu, but one thing I missed was having the same waiter and assistant waiter every night because they usually get to know you and what you like, but having a different waiter all the time it was like starting all over again. That was really the only bad thing I can think of. My girlfriend had never been on a cruise like this one and she didn't mind it as much, but in my opinion she couldn't compare them so she was really happy and didn't know the difference. Another great thing about Aqua Class was you get unlimited use at the spa. I'm not talking massages and stuff like that, but the sauna experience is amazing. The package on our cruise was $179 per couple or $99 per person, but because we were in Aqua Class it was free of charge. The herbal sauna was not very steamy or hot but it was relaxing, the sahara sauna was a very dry sauna with heated stone benches that you relax on, and then there is the turkish sauna which was very steamy and very enjoyable. We never really ventured into the pool area except to lay out in the sun on sea days. At night we would go to the adult only pool though which was very relaxing and the adult only hot tubs were nice not having kids running around. I was not very happy with the camera crew though. We took a lot of pictures and I usually buy pictures, but for some reason when they swiped my card there must have been a mixup because they all didn't pop up on the screen and they lost the ones that I had put together in one spot. So we didn't but any pictures this cruise. I think that I would have enjoyed this cruise a little better if they had done it in reverse though and having a sea day on the last day instead of a port. It's always nice to have a sea day on the last day to relax and then pack up and get ready to depart the next morning instead of being in port all day getting ready and going to dinner and then rushing back to get packed and put your suitcases out by 11:00. All in all this was a great vacation and I can't wait for my next one.

Some food was great and some just not as good.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Easy to get in and out of.
Always giving away stuff for free, but beware. ONLY shop at recommended stores and you get 8.9% cash back.
Key West, Florida
Would have been better if we got to be there for nightlife, not early in the morning with stores opening 4 hours after we docked.