Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Best Vacation Ever!!

Sail Date: March 11, 2006

We sailed on the Celebrity Constellation in March 2006. This ship is considered to be Celebrity's flagship vessel and I would certainly agree. It is elegantly appointed throughout and has a wonderfully accomodating staff and crew.

Pros: The crew was so helpful, pleasant, and accomodating -- we did not have to worry about anything.

Cons: Nothing!!

The San Marco Restaurant is a 2 story restaurant (on the 4th and 5th floors of the ship) but it does not feel like a big restaurant. We felt like we were eating at a 5 star restaurant every night with the personalized attention from our waiter, Olman, and the rest of the wait staff. We traveled with my wife's family (there were 7 adults and 1 child) so we had our table to ourselves at all times. The menu had an ample selection of items to choose from and every meal we had was excellent. Regarding our other meals, breakfast always had an extensive selection of items to choose from. We typically ate a very large breakfast so that we would not be hungry at lunch time since we would normally be on the islands.
The ship was large ship with 12 floors but we never felt it was too big. The ship is elegantly appointed and tastefully decorated throughout -- including a wide ranging collection of eclectic art. All public areas are kept impeccably clean at all times. The Celebrity Theatre is gorgeous and more comfortable that most of the theatre venues here in Boston!! We loved Michael's Club as an elegant place to have drinks and listen to music.
We were on the 2nd floor of the ship (i.e. the lowest floor available to customers). We had never cruised before and had heard that cruises, in general, had very small rooms but this was definitely not the case. Our room was 172 sq ft but was amply sized for my wife, my 18 month old daughter, and myself. The room was kept immaculate by our wonderful stateroom attendant, Tony.
We can't say enough about how wonderful the ship's staff were. They were always helpful and professional. The best customer service experience we have ever had in our lives.
The shows were very good (we went to every one). The Cirque du Soleil show, while not as large as one that you would see on land, was still very good.
Our daughter was 18 months and not eligible for most children's programs (which begin at 3 years old). They did offer a few activities for toddlers (reading "Silly Songs", etc) but most of the children's programs are geared towards to children 3 and above.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Very scenic island -- like Hawaii but more poor people.
Don't Miss: Romney Manor is a good place for photo ops
Casa De Campo, Dominican Republic
Best area to go to for shopping and for photo oportunities is Altos de Chevon, a re-creation of a medieval Mediterranean Village.
Don't Miss: Altos de Chevon
St. George's, Grenada
We went to Grand Anse beach via water taxi. The beach was very good but I'm not sure I would do the water taxi ride to the beach again (not enought life jackets on the boat) -- would take a regular taxi instead (more expensive but safer)
Bridgetown, Barbados
We did a tour of the island but it was slightly overcast the day we were there. We went on a tour of the Malibu Beach Rum Factory which was okay (we heard the tour of the Mount Gay Rum Factory is much much better).
Don't Miss: We had an incredible tour guide in Clyde Eastman!!
Bridgetown, Barbados
Don't Miss: We had an incredible tour guide in Clyde Eastman!!
Casa De Campo, Dominican Republic
Don't Miss: Altos de Chevon
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Very scenic island -- like Hawaii but more poor people.
Don't Miss: Romney Manor is a good place for photo ops
St. George's, Grenada
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
BEST Island!! The shopping is more extensive than the other islands but I don't think the savings were that substantial (definitely cheaper than in the states but I had heard the savings would be huge). Magen's Beach is the best beach -- SOFT sand on the beach and in the water (you're not walking on rocks, etc) -- HIGHLY recommended!!!
Don't Miss: Best beach in the world is the Magen's Beach!!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: Best beach in the world is the Magen's Beach!!