First time cruise

Carnival Vista Cruise Review

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Vista

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: May 25, 2019

Ship: Carnival Vista

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 1337

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Great first cruise! Can’t wait to go again.

Embarkation

Our check-in time was noon, we were there at 11. We went through the early arrival line and was on the ship by 11:15. No FTTF purchased

Ship experiences

Guy's Burger Joint

Best burgers on the planet. The lines move incredibly fast

Cherry on Top

So much to offer in the candy shop and the candy is delicious! Staff was always super nice. They have a blanket for only $25 and it’s so soft

Horizons Restaurant

Waiters and waitresses are awesome. There was a waiter that walked around singing about how much he loves his job. Food was amazing every night (except for the fried chicken. Took a long time to cook and was no very good).

Pizzeria Del Capitano

Line was really long when we went and the pizza was just ok, in my opinion

Lido Marketplace

Food was so good! A lot of options, many things change each day. Favorite things were the sandwiches when they have the deli open and embarkation day they had amazing chicken!

We went to the white night party, 80s rock & glow party, mega deck party, groove for st Jude, and saw the rock show. We missed hasbro game show because I went my the time on my phone and was an hour off. Didn’t see flicks (flix?) but regretted it because people said it was amazing. Everything we went to was so much fun!

Ocean Plaza

Loved everything that went on here. This is where the trivia is. There was so many people there sometimes that chairs were being brought in from the outside deck. Those chairs are not fat people friendly lol!

Liquid Lounge

Like the set up, feel a little squished though

Limelight Lounge

Definitely wish this venue was bigger. Have to get there early to find a seat or it will be standing room only. Comedians were hit and miss.

Carnival's Seaside Theatre

The movies that were played were unreleased to dvd. They will give you and blanket and popcorn. Show up early to get good seats. Ladies: wear a headscarf to cover hair if you have glasses. My hair kept whipping all over my glasses and got my glasses dirty. Never finished a movie because of it

My 12 year old daughter didn’t like the tween club. Not enough things to do and hardly any kids in there. She said she refuses to go on another cruise until she’s 15 so she can go to the other club.

Plenty of space for us. Adjoining door wouldn’t stay open like it’s supposed to though. Lots of closet space. Plenty of room in bathroom

Ports of call

Galveston, Texas

Best port for shopping. Favorite port so far

Belize City, Belize

Tiny port, 45 minutes tinder. People are aggressive trying to sell things to you

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Nice port, free beach

Disembarkation

Traveler Photos

Pasta bar during lunch is free Stayed in a condo on the seawall Grilled cheese and fries deck 11 Fun squad calls the kids up for face painting