Another GREAT cruise on the books!!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Vista

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 11, 2020

Ship: Carnival Vista

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 10282

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

I love the Vista and her size. I’ve only cruised larger ships so maybe that’s why. JUST DO IT, ITS THE BEST!! It’s a vacation, make it what YOU want!!

Embarkation

Easy and fast as always!

Ship experiences

Enjoyed all the food choices. I’m not picky like a lot of folks these days. I tried the seafood shack and it is awesome. Everything I ate on lido, pizza and Guy’s Burgers no complaints. Blue Iguana cantina never disappoints and neither did the Italian restaurant. Drinks were good and plenty if them.

Redfrog Pub and Brewery

Good drinks and great staff.

Pizzeria Del Capitano

Love love the pizza. Handmade and delicious!

Lido Marketplace

Love all the options available. The cookies are sooo good too. Remember it’s a buffet, don’t expect your good to be “hot”. I’ve never eaten at a buffet, where by the time I got to a table, it was “hot” like some folks expect. Ain’t gonna happen!!

Guy's Burger Joint

Omg these burgers are the BEST! And that topping bar is to die for.

Cucina Del Capitano

Lunch here is free, dinner is additional cost. Go for lunch, it was yummy!

Cherry on Top

You have to get some ice cream from here. Lots of candy and other neat stuff too.

BlueIguana Tequila Bar

Great drinks and the bartenders knew what we wanted when we walked up! That was a big plus!

BlueIguana Cantina

Breakfast burritos are the bomb. They have breakfast tacos too!

Bar

Never had a bad drink!

Alchemy Bar

The best drinks!

Guest Services

Very helpful and courteous as always. I’ve never had a bad experience with them. But then again I don’t go up to them yelling and being disrespectful either. Your approach is everything, However, some folks will never understand that.

Fun Hub

Great app to download on your phone. So easy to keep up with what’s going on.

Enjoyed the America Tocks, Love and Marriage was a hoot as always. Then the Lip Sync Battle was awesome...way to go Darrell! Our cruise director, Schwartz, was fantastic!!

Liquid Lounge

I have no complaints. I get there in time to get a seat where I can see good. If you wait til the last minute, you probably won’t be thrilled if a pole is in your way. Just plan ahead. It’s really not rocket science.

Limelight Lounge

Fun night of some drinking and dancing.

IMAX Theater

Love the IMAX. We paid $5.50 for the show we saw. I think the price may vary based on what others say.

Carnival's Seaside Theatre

The dive in movies are one of my favorites. They have free popcorn too!

Our stewards, Fauzan and Homer, were the absolute best. They never forget a name and are very attentive.

I love the Vista. It’s very similar to the Breeze and not much difference in size. Staff is always cleaning up after a lot of sloppy folks and do it with a smile.

Our cabin was very clean and our awesome steward was fabulous all week.

Ship tip

Cruise on her and form your own opinion! You won’t regret it!!

Ports of call

Galveston, Texas

Embarkation port. Everything went smooth.

Went to Mr. Sanchos and had a great time. All inclusive food and drinks. Great wait staff too!!

George Town, Grand Cayman

The most beautiful blue water I have ever seen! I love the town and can’t wait to go back there.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Not my favorite port. I’m not a fan of the locals there. They are quite pushy and you just have to walk away. We did the river tubing excursion which was fun but we drove through some very poor areas to get there which was sad knowing that some folks live in those conditions.

Disembarkation

Super smooth. We had faster to the fun and were off the ship by 9am. Cruised right through customs before the lines got long.