Something for everyone

Carnival Vista Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Vista

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 17, 2019

Ship: Carnival Vista

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8221

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

We had a large family group go together and were all very pleased with this ship. I think I would pay extra and stay in the Havana rooms next time to have the limited access to the Havana pool area.

Embarkation

From parking to getting on the ship things went seamlessly.

Ship experiences

So many options it was sometimes hard to decide where to eat. We didn't frequent the buffet much because it didn't compare to the other options on the ship.

Our whole group was as entertained or as relaxed as we wanted

We didn't get a chance to visit the comedy shows because the lines to get in were longer than we wanted to wait. The liquid lounge was poorly planned out and didn't have any places to set a drink down and visibility wasn't the best. We did enjoy the shows.

Our 3 year old was treated so very well and she loved her time there. We also enjoyed our adult time together when our little one enjoyed the night owl program.

So very friendly and accommodating.

I'm giving 5 stars because most of our group enjoyed the layout of this ship but I personally enjoy the smaller ships better. Glad I tried out this ship though!

Spacious and always cleaned nicely

Ship tip

Enjoy all this ship has to offer and rest when you get home.

Ports of call

Galveston, Texas

Disembarkation

Absolutely painful. Part of it was not carnival's fault at all though. Customs really delayed people getting through. It was 1pm before we were able to get out of the parking structure and we had a 14 hour drive home. I have been on several cruises and it has never taken this long. We will not be porting at Galveston again if I can help it.