Great Cruise

Carnival Vista Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Vista

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 14, 2019

Ship: Carnival Vista

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 11245

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

The cruise was okay but very boring on sea days. The entertainment was subpar and the food was satisfying.

Embarkation

Embarkation was fast and efficient!

Ship experiences

Fat Jimmy's C Side BBQ

The bbq was okay but the sides were refrigerator cold. This was not the best place to eat.

Pizzeria Del Capitano

Carnival still has the best pizza at sea!

JiJi Asian Kitchen

Wonderful experience! the food was the best on the entire ship, to my surprise. It was well worth the $15.00 surcharge.

Cloud 9 Spa

This was my worst spa day of any ship. My wife and I had the couple's swedish massage. The therapist would not add pressure at all, unless we paid more money. The massage therapist were more concerned in upselling than providing a great experience. Stay away, it's a waste of money.

Vista Casino

This was the most popular event on the ship. It was very active and the casino host was very good. Had a time hanging out in the casino.

I felt that the stage shows were not as professional as on the RCCL ships. They were boring and lack stage presence.

Our grandkids loved this place. They spent most of the crises at the camp and had an amazing time.

My room Stewart named " I Made" was awesome. By far the best room Stewart I've ever had.

The carpet on the ship was very dirty to include my cabin. When I told my room Stewart, he gave our room a deep cleaning. Can't say the same for the rest of the ship.

The carpet in my cabin was very dirty. When I informed the room Stewart, to my surprise, he gave my cabin a deep cleaning.

Ship tip

Try JJ Asian restaurant. You will be presently surprised!

Ports of call