Not As Good

Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Vista

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 14, 2019

Ship: Carnival Vista

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 2275

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

The Vista almost ruined me for all future cruises. The ship has TOO MANY people on it compared to the number of employees. Lines were to long for the free restraunts (Guys Burger, Pig n Anchor). I DO NOT GO on vacations to stand in lines, thats why I hate Disney. The Buffet salad bar is horribley incomplete.....how about some fixings to go with lettus and salad dressing?

Embarkation

Great!

Ship experiences

Main dining hall was GREAT. Long lines at Guys Burgers (larger boat, more people same amount of workers then the Freedom) was not fun.

Wish you would do more promoting poker games.

Didnt realy do any shows.....long story.

My son just wanted to swim.

Vista was less friendly. Alot of employees just hung thier heads when passing you by.

Ship is too large.

My room service was great, she made things right when I complained, but she got on when we boarded. The previous room service employee left spoiled food in minifrig that STUNK.

Ship tip

If you dont mind crowds and standing extra in line, larger boats like the Vista is fine. I dont so its back to smaller vessels for me.

Ports of call

Galveston, Texas

Loved the condo I stayed at for the two nights before getting on the Vista. May skip cruising and start booking beach vacations.

Cozumel, Mexico Did not visit port

Hate Cozumel for the store that you have to crowd through to get off and back on.

George Town, Grand Cayman

Wild chickens in front of KFC was priceless.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Margaritaville and thier free beach was fun. Great drinks and food.

Disembarkation

Painless......never checking bags again.