really fun trip

Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Vista

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 24, 2019

Ship: Carnival Vista

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 12209

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I am still really upset we chose this cruise. We chose this ship because we wanted to do the sky ride, and they had it closed down. next time I think we will book with someone else so hopefully we get to do what is marketed to us.

Embarkation

All went smooth

Ship experiences

The Buffet food is not good. The restaurant is great all other food is pretty good. Not a fan of the pig and anchor.

I chose this ship because I thought it would have been really cool to do the sky ride. Well they had the ride shut down the whole cruise. I do not see how they can market the ride to get you on their ship then have it closed down. the rest of the activities were alright just not enough of them without the ride.

Sky Ride

Why use this as marketing tool if we can not do the ride? We decided on the ship over Royal Caribbean because of this ride. Do not get your hopes up to ride this ride.

We absolutely loved the shows onboard! The cast, singers, and dancers were top notch.

It was clean and good size, we never really used the spa so not worth the extra money.

Ship tip

do not get your hopes up for the sky ride.

Ports of call

Galveston, Texas

Montego Bay, Jamaica

horseback riding was amazing!

George Town, Grand Cayman

Stingray city on the Allure Catamaran is a must do!!

Cozumel is nice.

Disembarkation

Hard to find out where to exit. We would go to one floor be told we were supposed to be on another floor and it kept going in a circle until we finally happened to be in the right spot.