Love Vista!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Vista

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 02, 2017

Ship: Carnival Vista

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 5240

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Vista is everything you think it will be! Incredible ship.....everything about it. Excellent cruise director, Matt! "Can I get two claps!" .....with a British accent! Excellent Assistant manager at the spa. No words! Professional, personable...loves his job!! Said goodbye, gave me a hug on my last day! Book the Havana Cabana....you will NOT be sorry!

Embarkation

Carnival has a new system of assigning Arrival Appointment Times...it works fabulous! I waliked thru a nearly vacant boarding line. In about 10 minutes, was on the ship with my Havana Cabana cabin READY!

Ship experiences

The house band "Sweet Soul...." house cover band two performers with band behind...INCREDIBLE. Covered 80s, 90s hits. May I say the male vocalist looked just like PRINCE! Easy on the eyes....hehe.

Art Gallery

Beautiful Work! Art Auctions fun, informative!

Havana Cabana Cabin....amazing. 1. Cabana porch. 2. Private area on the ship. 3. Ocean view 4. "Havana Experience" haircare, hair gels, lotions, soaps.

Ship tip

Upgrade....book cabin in Havana area! You will NOT be sorry!

Ports of call

Grand Turk Island

Beach to left and right when you arrive off ship. Easy to navigate, people very nice!

La Romana, Dominican Republic

Did tour (4 hours) by bus. Booked at shore excursion desk. Very informative. Excellent guide! Knew history of island.

Willemstad, Curacao

Clean port. Shopped. Did not do tour.

Oranjestad, Aruba

Did island tour, excellent. Beautiful European colonial homes, very colorful.

Disembarkation

Excellent! Easy....did carryon luggage.....walked off ship. Entire process about 10 minutes!! Two negatives: 1. A cabin steward KNOCKS on your door at 7:00 am! I was so asleep I fell out of bed to answer door! Before I answered door, he said "Time to wake up!" Swear. 2. Walked pass Matt (Cruise Director) very charming throughout cruise, said "goodbye Matt!" ....was two feet away. He looked over me.....continued to talk on walkie talkie.....said "bye"...half acknowledging me. 😤

Traveler Photos