Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

It was "ok"

Sail Date: September 05, 2015

Let me start off by saying I'd give staff on the ship for the most part 5 stars. The service was wonderful. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. Benidicto in the bar on the Lido deck, Our dining crew (Ratna, Richard, Miguel) and our state room cleaners were above the ordinary!  However, let me start with my issues! 1. It was a little disappointing to get nickel and dimed to death. I asked for a cup from the coffee shop (Just the cup) and he told me it was a nickel. I mean seriously? I just paid $1200 for a cruise and you want to charge me a nickel for a stupid cup?? 2.You should also enforce the no smoking on the balconies a little better as well. I paid a lot to have that balcony and couldn't hardly use it because people were always out there smoking on their balconies. 3. Every night, FOR ALL 5 NIGHTS, between 3-4 am we had a group of guys that would come back from the clubs or somewhere they were drinking and would be loud and obnoxious going down the hallways.  Knocking on doors and yelling and trying to hook up with girls (loudly) in the hallways. I even asked them kindly to move it into the room and every night after that we were harassed by those guys. Kind of insane. Customer service didn't do anything about our complaint. I have been on Royal Caribbean and I didn't have any of these issues. I really don't think I will go on another Carnival ship. Just wasn't impressed at all. Again, great staff though. Your ship just needs to be hauled in and revamped, You need more food options such as better dining options (even at an additional cost), more things for adults to do, and get better at enforcing the rules so everyone can enjoy the ship.

Old. Outdated. Needs to be updated. The shower either froze us to death or we were getting scolded. It was very inconsistent. The beds were pretty comfy. But just outdated.
Very smoothly for the most part.
Time to get an update! Shes getting a bit old and out dated. We still had an old picture tube tv in our balcony stateroom.
On the private island, your bars need way more than one frozen drink machine. (blender what ever it is.. Oasis Machine whatever) EVERYONE seemed to want a frozen drink and everyone was complaining how long it was taking to get a drink. It was only because the poor bar staff was struggling with only having the one machine to make them.
And for excursions... You say lowest price guaranteed, however you charged me $55 pp for a snorkeling trip and for THE SAME trip on the island the guy was willing to give it to us for $40. Because we didn't have a way to "prove" it nothing was done to refund the difference. Again, poor customer service on that issue.
We were bored... The casino and bars/clubs should have a smoking and non smoking side like the Royal ships do. The smoke was too much!
Doug Williams the comedian.. I was feeling ill and didn't go to one of his shows so I decided to make up for it the last night on the ship. I went to all but the last show. He was funny. He was picking on everyone equally for awhile.. Then it became very racist. Im not a very easily offended person and I can take most jokes.. But when the audience is mostly black and there were just a few white people in the audience it was a little uncomfortable being laughed at for 30-45 minutes about being white. Before this happened I also donated $50 to his kids autism cause. It was very disappointing to constantly be the butt of all his jokes after that. kind of not cool.
Awesome awesome awesome!! Benidicto in the bar on the Lido deck, Our dining crew (Ratna, Richard, Miguel) and our state room cleaners Iwayna? and another gentleman.. they were all above the ordinary!
Food was decent. Could definitely use more options.
Miami, Florida
We flew in and out.. No real experience in Miami
Beautiful! Snorkel here!! Water was crystal clear.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Bar staff needs better and more equipment on the bars to better serve guests. But very nice people.
Grand Turk Island

Stay in the middle of the ship. Balcony rooms are a must. But beware.... Even though you are not supposed to smoke on them everyone seems to. Buy the excursions when you get off the ship! Much cheaper.

1 Comment