Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

CABIN 8291 - Old ship, dirty room, same old carnival routeen

Sail Date: February 26, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I have been on 10 cruises and 4 with Carnival.  Its hard to complain about a $300 cruise, but I feel the need to give honest feedback.  I have never had a problem with Carnival prior to this sailing.  Quick check in under 30 minutes. The room was dirty, full of dust on the pictures and under the 20 year old TV.  The shower was full of grime on the tile.  I woke up all night with back pain every night from sleeping on the concrete rock hard bed.  Usually, Carnival has the most comfortable beds.  The food was pretty good overall, but lunch is the same thing every day - burger bar.  The sandwich shop was good as always.  Every time I tried to get pizza there was no one at the counter.  We had anytime dining and got seated right away each time.  Staff was very friendly except for the one employee that told me to get my own drink next time.  Service was a little slow in the dining room even when it was empty.  Buffet closed at 11:00 on this ship, too early for me.  The pool deck was packed on sailing days, no chairs available and people sitting on the floor.  The welcome aboard show was so lame with the cruise director just interviewing people out of the audience for an hour.  The main show was the same as all other carnival ships.  The music on this ship was awesome.  Such a variety and all well done.  The one comedian was great, the other not so good.  Had a good time in the casino and no waiting at the tables.  The carnival kids camp was awesome and my son loved it.  The times were odd that we only spent 4 -5 hours in key west and arrived at 1:00 Mexico.  I would say overall that if the room was not so dreadful, I would give it a higher rating considering the price.

Old ship - needs to be updated
Food was good, but lunch needs more variety
Shoot me instead
The staff was very friendly mostly in the dining room
The welcome aboard show was lame, the main show was same as other ships, the music was great all around, and the comedy was good
They did a great job with camp carnival, lots of activities
Spend days at pool and nights at casino so enough for me to do. Music was great.
Not enough time in Key West to do anything
Miami, Florida
Key West, Florida
Fat Tuesdays for some drinks
Didnt get off the ship, enjoyed the pool to myself