Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Lots of Fun!

Sail Date: July 07, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my first time cruising Carnival.  I have cruised Holland America and Norweigan before and this was definitely the most fun.  My children enjoyed camp carnival and all the food choices onboard.  DJ poolside was great.  We had a balcony room that slept five and it was roomier than I had thought it would be.  Three closets and VERY comfortable beds.  The ship was a little dated and my room (9270) could have been dusted a little better but nothing worth complaining about, after all the ship is 14 years old.  The room was in a great location (Lido deck).  Close to pool, laundry room and elevators.  All the staff was very nice especially our waiters at dinner.  Clive and his team were unbelievable.  The entertainment during dinner was great.  They had everyone up and dancing.  My kids had a great time.  I would definitely cruise Carnival again but I would choose a newer ship.  Carnival's private island Half Moon Cay was unbelievable.  The ship uses tenders for this island as it cannot dock there.  Get on island early and leave early to avoid tender lines of 1 hour or more!  On another note, the only thing I did not like about the ship is that you must pass through a smoke filled casino to get to the Pacific Dining room or go through the hot pool area to get there.  Not so convienient or healthy.

Cruise Photos

A little dated but we had a great time.
Enjoyed all the food choices. Pizza line was long
Very nice and helpful
Great shows
Kids had a blast, plenty to do.
Beach at Turks was a little ruff. Sand was rocky.
Cabin slept 5. Room steward folded up cot everyday to give us more room during the day and then he opened it every night. Cabin could have been cleaned better but I was very impressed with the size and how comfortable it was for 5 people. We had a king bed, a couch that served as a bed, a bed that came down from ceiling like a bunk bed and a cot.
Miami, Florida
Grand Turk Island
Go to the pool. It's nicer than the beach.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Awesome. soft white sand.
Only shopped at this port in the straw market and it was great. Was warned by the ship several times to stay in tourist areas and not to venture outside of them because it could be dangerous.