Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Good Cruise

Sail Date: May 22, 2011

My overall impression of the ship is that it is an old vessell but easy to get around in and excellent for children.

Pros: The size of of the stateroom

Cons: The Service

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

The layout was good and easy to get around in but the sports bar needs updating desperately.
The food was for the most part bland. The deserts were not as good as I have on other curise lines. The selections of offerings was adequate. The selection for food from room service was very limited.
The size of the room was great. We had a balacony and there was good storage space.
The rating of the staff was hit or miss; some were excellent and some were poor.
Carnival knows how to party. I had fun from Bingo to Trivia to Karoke. My husband also won at the Casino.
Bridgetown, Barbados
I enjoyed this the best and ranked it #1 of the 5 ports we visited. The oldest church on the island and the Sudbury House were interesting. We had lunch in town Mustor's Restaurant; great fried chicken and flying fish.
Don't Miss: The people were very friendly
Castries, St. Lucia
I enjoyed St. Lucia. I raked it #4 of the 5 ports we visited. We did not do too much sightseeing at this port.
Don't Miss: The water ferry
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I liked St. Maarten and would go back to visit. I ranked it #2 of the 5 ports we visited. The people were friendly and we had a great lunch.
Don't Miss: The Shopping
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I enjoyed the port of St Thomas. I ranked it #3 of the 5 ports we visited. Good scenery and good shopping.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
The people of St. Kitts were not pleasant and I would not recommend this locale. I rated it last of the 5 ports we visited.
Don't Miss: Don't go