Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

First Cruise

Sail Date: May 22, 2011

The ship is a party boat and for families, not if you are looking to relax and listen to the ocean. The music and activities never stop. Also, they push alcohol ALL the TIME! You say, "No thank you" and not five minutes later, someone is asking you if you want a drink. It was annoying.

Pros: The port of calls

Cons: The food

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

They had a lot of activities, in fact too much for my liking. Like I mentioned before, it is a party boat and for families. We just wanted to relax and never was able to do so.
The food was horrible. I ate better in college. The sandwich section and pizza were the best part. Food is not made to order and cannot be personalized. I could not wait to get home and have home made cooking.
Not everyone was cheerful and nice. I went out of my way to be friendly, and was left hanging by the majority of staff members. Like I said, the statesmen were always friendly and our waiter was, too. Other than that, I found them to be rude.
I was shocked at how spacious our room was. The statesman were courteous. However, our room was located right below the Lido Deck where they do all the parties, which did not stop until 11pm.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
We did the rainforest excursion. It was fun. Watch out for the locals who charge you for taking pictures of the monkeys.
Castries, St. Lucia
We did not have an excursion and the locals also hound you. Haggle with the locals and pair up with other couples to get the best price. I got a guy to take us from Castries to Soufriere, a 2 hour drive both ways, for $30 per person. We saw the volcano and the waterfall (because I demanded). However, be prepared to travel the island at 90mph. The communities are a dive and the locals just want to buy stuff whenever you stop.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
St. Maarten is so nice! We found a beach for $15 for the two of us. It included 2 beach chairs, 1 umbrella, 2 beach floats, and 2 drinks. We walked the pier and could see our cruise ship from our spot.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Be prepared to get harassed big time by the locals. So annoying. We found a beach, $12 per person includes: 2 beach chairs, 1 umbrella, a dive platform, a rope swim, an iceberg, a trampoline, and 2 free drinks. Plus, they take you back to the port. The locals try to drive you there for $10, but we walked to see the town.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We did an excursion (5-hr hike, kayak, snorkel). It was awesome, but wear sunscreen! We bought great spices here, too!