Not the worst but not the best,

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 28, 2016
Ship: Carnival Valor

The food was ok. The shows were ok. The cruise was delayed which caused a major inconvenience for many but for me the delay was not a huge deal. There were many nice staff members that I enjoyed (Oana (wait staff) and Aysa (Java coffee) to be specific. However, Ryan (he seemed to be an events coordinator) was rude to guests in my presence more than once. I can not imagine all of the times that I did not witness his rude behavior. One night in he dining room we were not seated until 50 min after arrival and another night we waited for 20 min before wait staff came to take our order. We had to stop another staff member to get someone to take our order. At each port we were let off of the boat late which shortened our time off of the ship. It was just not a smooth cruise by any means. Carnival will not be my first choice for cruises in the future.

Cabin was nice and the cabin Stewart was great. He remembered my name every time I saw him and was extremely polite throughout. I know that the delayed debarkation of the previous guests caused some stress to the staff be he was polite and respectful throughout where others were not. Other people in my party received far worse service.