Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Enjoyed my cruise.

Sail Date: September 09, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

This was our 5TH cruise, 1ST on the Valor, all with Carnival. Our state room was on the 6TH floor, mid ship. The room was ALWAYS kept clean by our housekeeper, Nombe was great. He always greeted us, by name when he seen us in the hallways and ask if we needed anything. The only complaint I have with our room is it was always hot in there. We kept the air on as low as it would go but it didn't help. We woke up every night sweating. It seemed like it was worse at night. We couldn't even use the covers. Several other people I spoke with, on different floors said they had the same issues. One lady said she had been on the ship before and had the same issue so they brought a small fan with them that helped. So from now on we will take a small fan from now on. The only other thing that I felt wasn't good was the food on the Lido deck. They offered the same things every night, just prepared different. Some type of fish, chicken, beef,and side items. It all seemed SO BLAND. It was the worse tasting food I have ever had on a cruise. The one time we had room service for lunch and it was worse. The chips were soggy and the "potato salad" was a few big chucks cut up with sour cream ( I think) mixed up with it. Everything else on the trip was great. They had stuff scheduled to entertain us everyday. The staff was awesome. They always smiled and worked hard to make sure we was enjoying our time with them. I loved all 4 ports we went to also. I would recommend this cruise to others.

The room was always clean, great housekeeper, and great location. Only issue was it was hot in there. We woke up every night sweating. We never used our covers because it was so hot. Several other people we meet said they had the same issue.
Disembarkation was the slowest we have ever been through.
Great staff.
This is our 5TH cruise, all with Carnival and this is the WORSE food ever!

Take a small fan with you because several people we meet said their state room was hot, like ours. It seemed worse at night.