Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Valor 8 day cruise

Sail Date: July 29, 2016

Our favorite part of this cruise was Grand Turk.  We enjoyed walking around the city of San Juan.  The historical and architect of the city is beautiful.  We also enjoyed the entertainment that the ship provided (i.e. the shows, dancers, singers, comedians, bingo, trivia, bands, wait staff entertainment).  The cruise director was phenomenal!  We appreciated the cleanliness of the ship and how attentive the stewards and wait staff were to our needs.  The gym and the track were of great use to us as well.

We did feel that I was misdiagnosed, which led me into being quarantined for 24 hours.  I understand that they want to protect other passengers and they did a good job notifying their staff about my situation so much so that the assistant matre'd called me by name after I was released from being quarantined. I am assuming that my picture was attached to their notification so that they could be on the look out for me for the protection of others.  Happy  They gave me a credit towards my next cruise for my inconvenience, which has to be taken this year.  We would have preferred reimbursement for that day in cash.  It would have been nice to have been recognized as a 3rd time cruiser but I was recognized as a first time cruiser.  However, we did have a good time overall.  We, personally, aren't sure that an 8 day cruise is for us.  We'll probably do something shorter next time.

Cruise Photos

Cabin was fine for what we needed. However, I would have loved a window since I was quarantined for 24 hours. There are not many channels that the TV provides and they work extremely slow.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Grand Turk Island
The chairs are free but the islanders will try to rent their umbrellas to you. We found that if you go to the right , not people hang out over there and you can lay out. We walked the beach and found sea urchins, green sea glass and huge shells. It was pretty! We heard from others that you could go out and snorkel yourself. We recommend that you take your water shoes and snorkel gear. There are a lot of rocks in the water to hurdle over. You will not be disappointed by the beach.

On the Lido deck towards the pizza, there are two jacuzzies that were not filled up as much as others on the ship. That was a nice place to go hang out and then grab lunch. There were typically less people in that location if that is something you desire during your trip on the Valor.

1 Comment