Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Perfect numbers of days away!

Sail Date: May 30, 2016

We have sailed Carnival for years (since 1982!) and have booked Suites, Balconies, Inside Staterooms, and Ocean View rooms...........we have never had a bad room or bad service by any of the staff.  This last cruise was just the right number of days (5) and two really nice ports...Dominican Republic and Grand Turk.  The on shore activities were well-rounded for everyone in the family and reasonably priced.  The ship is well maintained and everywhere you look, everything is bright and shiny..........that being said, the floors that transition from the outside decks (Lido) to indoor floors, were constantly sweating and people were falling down each and every morning, and some suffered injuries.  The only thing that could be improved is the food  on the dinner menu on the Lido Deck.  I have always LOVED eating on the Mezzanine level outside watching a movie on the jumbo screen.  This cruise, however, the food was just not up to par...the roast beef and pork steak were always tough and the veggies seemed to have a "just out of the can" taste.  I think that sometimes the cruise lines upper management neglect their older ships in favor of the glitz and glam of the new, BIG ships.  I like the older ships with fewer passengers, and I want them to be as good as the first time I cruised on them....when they were NEW!

Arlene was wonderful and the "towel animals" were always adorable!

REALLY loved the Ocean World on Dominican Republic! Nothing like I expected........really well kept and the animals are so well trained and well treated!