Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Second Mate

Southern Caribbean Itinerary, Great Choice

Sail Date: May 05, 2013

Book this cruise as a family vacation with my adult children. We enjoyed the trip very much and I believe that Carnival provide value for what we paid. I have been on 40+ cruises on various cruise lines. The Carnival Valor is a nice ship, was very clean and the balcony staterooms we had were a nice size with amble closet space and very comfortable beds.

The food was very nice and there was a wide selection of choices in the main dining room and a wide variety on the Lido Deck at the buffet. The buffet had various stations with different cuisine. There was even a brunch in the dining room during our "at sea day".

The itinerary was great, with one of the benefits to leaving from San Juan allowing you to reach islands normally on itinerary's in the 10 day plus trips. Shore excursions were great and I highy recommend the "Land and Sea" Tour in St. Lucia.

Although the staff was friendly and client oriented, the Guest Relations Staff needs some work in efficiency and attitude. I recommend that you make sure they have your return flight information when you embark to avoid problems at the end of the trip. They seem to have a problem keeping track of this information.

One thing I disliked was the DJ and "big screen" movies poolside. The DJ was playing music so loud, you could not even have a conversation with the person sitting next to you and the movies did not belong poolside during the day. A nice band playing "island music" would have enhanced the overall experience.

I do recommend this cruise. The ship is comfortable, right size, clean and the service staff is experienced and dedicated to client service.
Entertainment The DJ by the pool needs to go. The pool is not a dance club.
Great itinerary

Deck chairs are plentiful, so do not worry about getting up early to stake your claim. You will have no problem finding a spot in the shade or the sun.